Meet Your Doctor
Dr. Safia Kassam, BSc, ND
Dr. Kassam grew up in the Lower Mainland, and graduated from Simon Fraser University in 2006 with a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology. During this time, she also completed five terms with the Cooperative Education Department, resulting in a position as an Ergonomic Engineering Consultant in Michigan, with the designation of a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE). Although this career was very rewarding, Dr. Kassam knew her true calling was in the field of medicine.
In 2009, Dr. Kassam returned back home to Vancouver to pursue a career in Naturopathic Medicine, a field that combines current scientific knowledge and traditional medicine to emphasize the body's innate ability to heal itself. During this intense 4-year program at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine, she was also a part of a brigade that provided free Naturopathic care to residents of a small island in Nicaragua. In 2013, Dr. Kassam graduated as a Naturopathic Physician.
In her free time, Dr. Kassam is a sports enthusiast. Not only did she grow up playing sports such as competitve fastpitch softball, floor hockey, and basketball, but she is an avid Vancouver Canucks and Seattle Seahawks fan. She also enjoys spending time with her nieces and nephews, listening to music, and traveling.
CERTIFICATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
- In Good Standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- Member of British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA)
- Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner
- Intravenous Therapy Certification
- Pharmacy Prescription Upgrade for Naturopathic Physicians
- Advanced Obstetrics Therapeutics Course
- Previous Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)